Looking for a Tech Gift this holiday season? Here are the things I have my eye on and are worth considering.
Amazon Fire Tablet
Video Overview on how to debloat: https://youtu.be/yLoymK65dJE
- Google 4a - $350 - https://amzn.to/2IKfTLr
- PinePhone - $200 - https://www.pine64.org/pinephone/
- XDA Pro1-X - $639 - https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/pro1-x-smartphone-functionality-choice-control
Both PinePhone and XDA Pro1-X are Linux phones and may not be practical for everyday use unless you load Lineage or a solid mobile OS on it, but man are they fun to play with.
Google 4a is the practical choice and is a rock solid phone that comes unlocked to where you can wipe out Google and move to Lineage for those security and privacy oriented folks. This is the best value in my opinion.
- Cheap Spectre Monitors - https://amzn.to/3pxmv0l - Prices range from $80 to $250
- BenQ High-End Monitors - https://amzn.to/2K9wxV0 - Prices range from $300 to $450
- Current Gaming Monitor Pick - BenQ ZOWIE 24" 144Hz - $199 - https://amzn.to/32VJ05h
- Razer Cynosa Lite - $40 - https://amzn.to/3f6ZfS1
- Razer DeathAdder Essential Mouse - $30 - https://amzn.to/3lGFAe9
Why Razer? Did they pay me or something? Nope!
Razer has a bunch of cool features, but also has a great open source project called OpenRazer https://openrazer.github.io/ for any operating system. You can do all kinds of fun macros with them and I picked these two above because they are rather quiet and I hate noise. Most people would prefer a full mechanical and if you are interested in this check out the project above and pick a compatible device for your needs!
- MK545 Keyboard and Mouse Combo from Logitech - $50 - https://amzn.to/3pEPSxO
3 Device Switching Keyboard and Mouse
- M720 Logitech M720 Wireless Triathlon Mouse $30 - https://amzn.to/3fseOUu
- Logitech K780 Multi-Device Wireless Keyboard $100 - https://amzn.to/33bKBUO
- Raspberry Pi 4 8GB Kit - $105 - https://amzn.to/2K7CuBR
- Raspberry Pi 4 Image - $5 - https://portal.christitus.com/tituspi OR Build it yourself https://github.com/ChrisTitusTech/TitusPi
Audio/Video Production Stuff
Here is Equipment I use for A/V and recommend to others. Below is a video going over my entire studio setup, but I left out the impractical gear that many wouldn’t want.
- Camera - M200 - $550 - https://amzn.to/32T9qEU
- Camera Lens - Canon 22M 2.0 - $200 - https://amzn.to/3pzW0r0
- Microphone - Rode VideoMicro - $60 - https://amzn.to/2IBn093
- Capture Card - Magewell - $900 - https://amzn.to/3pFZiZJ
- StreamDeck - Button Macros - $150 - https://amzn.to/38SiJsk
- Streamdeck_ui Open Source Project https://timothycrosley.github.io/streamdeck-ui/
- Microphone Standalone - Shure MV7 - $250 - https://amzn.to/3kGstbi
Computers and Graphics Cards
Good Luck! All the stock out there is way out of date and any of the new hotness is Out of Stock. Wait til 2021!
But… If you want to see something cool for a laptop in 2020, check out this “little” machine. https://kfocus.org/ #NotSponsored
Chris Titus Tech
- Twitter - https://twitter.com/christitustech
- YouTube - https://youtube.com/c/ChrisTitusTech
- Twitch - https://twitch.tv/christitustech
- Odysee / LBRY (Privacy) - https://christitus.com/lbry
- ChrisTitus.com Members Section (CC Only)
- Digital Downloads with Guides and Pre-Built Images
- Monthly Members Only Video
- $5 Per Month (100% of Proceeds goes to Chris Titus Tech)
- YouTube Chris Titus Tech Membership (All Payments Accepted)
- Monthly Members Only Video
- YouTube Emojis for Comments and Live Chat
- YouTube Badges that changes based on membership time for comments and chat.
- All YouTube comments are highlighted when I review comments daily.
- $4.99 Per Month (70% of the Proceeds goes to Chris Titus Tech)