This is a workaround for EBS Administration Console that can no longer launch or has errors on launch. Consequently, Microsoft put the Licensing in this Console only, and no other GUI exists for it. However, that is why Powershell exists, and here are the commands to manage all your CALs in your network.
- Open Powershell on Management Server. (Start ->All Programs -> Windows Powershell 1.0)
- Type this at command prompt: Add-PsSnapin Microsoft.BusinessServer.Licensing.PowerShell
- View current current CAL assigned by typing: Get-CalAssignment
- Assign the user bob jenkins (login name: bjenkins) type: Set-Cal -name bjenkins
- Remove a CAL from bob jenkins type: Clear-Cal -name bjenkins
- Install a CAL Pack type: Install-CalPack insertkeyhere
- List of all Cal Packs installed: Get-InstalledCalPack
With these commands you should be able to manage your CALs without having to deal with the GUI problems and general slowness of EBS Admin Console.
Listing of PowerShell Commands for EBS Administration Console
<th> Description </th>
<td> Assigns a CAL to a user or device. </td>
<td> Removes a CAL from a user or device. </td>
<td> Returns all of the users and devices that have CALs assigned to them. </td>
<td> Returns a summary of each installed CAL pack. </td>
<td> Returns a list of installed CAL packs. </td>
<td> Installs a CAL pack with a specified product key. </td>
<td> <p class="x-hidden-focus"> Returns CAL pack details for a specified product key. </p> </td>
Leave any Questions and Comments below and I will get back to you. I regularly publish on YouTube, Steemit, and christitus.com so if you’d like to see more videos and articles click the subscribe button in the top right.