This goes over debloating and slimming down Windows 10 so you get maximum performance from your PC.
I made a guide going over the debloat process two years ago https://christitus.com/debloat-windows-10/ - The guide has evolved and the github project I was using has also improved.
January 2021 Update
If you are coming here from the YouTube video I have taken all the scripts below and a system admin script I used a lot in the past to make a streamlined debloat script. This script will optimize Windows and can be run multiple times if you have an update ruin all the optimizations. I have also made it very easy to launch. Here is the source files: https://github.com/ChrisTitusTech/win10script
If you want to just run this on any system, you can easily copy and paste this into a Admin Powershell prompt and watch it do everything for you. It does have two prompts based on user feedback. Let me know what you think below!
December 2020 Feature: GUI added - Select what you want!
January 2021 Feature: 10 Bug Fixes and Network Optimizations added
What this script can do
- Installs Chocolatey, Notepad++, Irfanview, VLC, Java, and asks if you want Adobe Reader or Brave.
- Removes all Windows Store Apps EXCEPT office, xbox, and WSL.
- Removed Telemetry
- Disables Cortana
- Deletes various schedules tasks that rebloat the system
- Removes Other Bloatware (Candy Crush, etc.)
- Fixes problems that other scripts causes (lock screen and personalization options restricted)
Based on User feedback, this no longer uninstalls OneDrive or Office.
Toolbox Walkthrough Video
User Requested Restore Scripts
This restore script pops up a GUI that lets you restore what you want to FACTORY DEFAULTS!
- Tray Icons
- Action Center
Old Methods from Prior Videos that I no longer use
The project I use has been developed for many years now and is extremely good. Here is the source github project I use:
This is a new project that was brought to my attention, but has quickly made a name for itself. It works very well and is typically more up to date than the above project.
Optimal Way to Use this Tool
I recommend running this tool under the following conditions:
- Before User Profile is Created
- Empty Desktop and Downloads (Past versions has deleted files from Desktop and Downloads)
- After installing New Feature Updates
- Disable Cortana
- Uninstall OneDrive
- Run Essential Tweaks
I generally always enable Dark Mode and Install 3.5 .NET but that is entirely my personal preference.
Chris Titus Tech
- Twitter - https://twitter.com/christitustech
- YouTube - https://youtube.com/c/ChrisTitusTech
- Twitch - https://twitch.tv/christitustech
- Odysee / LBRY (Privacy) - https://links.christitus.com/lbry
- ChrisTitus.com Members Section (CC Only)
- Digital Downloads with Guides and Pre-Built Images
- Monthly Members Only Video
- $5 Per Month (100% of Proceeds goes to Chris Titus Tech)
- YouTube Chris Titus Tech Membership (All Payments Accepted)
- Monthly Members Only Video
- YouTube Emojis for Comments and Live Chat
- YouTube Badges that changes based on membership time for comments and chat.
- All YouTube comments are highlighted when I review comments daily.
- $4.99 Per Month (70% of the Proceeds goes to Chris Titus Tech)