Here is the basic install instruction for the Hackintosh Ryzen install that I used on my Ryzen 2700 with an RX 580.
Download DMG File for Flash Drive
Source Article: https://forum.amd-osx.com/viewtopic.php?p=33500#p33500
The above article is from XLNC and it goes over the creation process of the DMG file and everything he put into it. I must say he did a fantastic job with the media creation.
Note: I used the Clover Edition and is my recommendation
Burn DMG File with TransMac (Windows) or DD (Linux)
TransMac Download (Windows) https://www.acutesystems.com/scrtm.htm
- Install DMG2IMG
$ sudo apt install dmg2img
$ sudo dmg2img macoshs_download.dmg macoshs_drive.iso
$ sudo dd if=macoshs_drive.iso of=/dev/sdX bs=1M
Change Your PC’s BIOS Settings for your Hackintosh Ryzen Install
- HPET (High Precision Timers) =Enabled
- SATA Mode = AHCI
- Execute Disable Bit = Enabled
- Max CPUID Value Limit = Disabled
- BIOS EHCI Handoff = Enabled
- Legacy USB Support = Enabled
- CSM (Legacy BIOS Mode) = Disabled
- UEFI options should be enabled
- XHCI and EHCI Hand-Off = Enabled
Insert Media and Start Installation
Boot into macOS by using the USB media. Once in the launcher start disk utility and partition the disk for macOS.
Once you have partitioned your drive, you will need to go ahead and continue the installation. Complete the installation and reboot your PC.
Launch back into the USB Drive Installer and this time we will launch terminal. From Terminal we will run the command XLNC
Select the following options when the XLNC installer pops up:
- Post Install
- Type: YourDiskName
- y to all the following questions
Reboot again, but this time when we launch the USB Menu, we will launch into the macOS we just created
Setup your Mac with your account and details
Download the Clover Configurator Utility
Mount both the EFI partition from the USB and the Recovery HD
Copy the EFI Folder from the USB to the Recovery HD and then unmount both partitions and reboot your PC!
FINISHED with the Hackintosh Ryzen Install!
I live stream on Chris Titus Tech YouTube Channel every Friday at 10 AM CST and archive clips to Titus Tech Talk. I also regularly publish to christitus.com, but if you’d like to contact me directly or want to contribute to help keep these articles and videos being made consider joining the CTT members.
Two Memberships exist:
- ChrisTitus.com Members Section (CC Only)
- Full Archive of All Unlisted Live Streams
- Direct Members Only Email
- Monthly Members Only Video
- Starting at $2 Per Month (100% of Proceeds goes to Chris Titus Tech)
- YouTube Chris Titus Tech Membership (All Payments Accepted)
- YouTube Emojis for Comments and Live Chat
- YouTube Badges that changes based on membership time for comments and chat.
- All YouTube comments are highlighted when I review comments daily.
- Immediate Access to Full Live Streams
- $4.99 Per Month (70% of the Proceeds goes to Chris Titus Tech)