This article shows you how to install Xen Orchestra and use the interface via the web. XOA is a very powerful addition to XenServer as it brings auto-updates and making it easier to manage entire farms.
- Login to your XenServer via PuTTy OR through XenCenter console
bash -c "$(curl -s http://xoa.io/deploy)"
- Enter a new IP where you will access XOA from web
- Wait for this to finish you will see XOA VM popup
- Note: This may take a couple hours if XOA servers are downloading slow. I highly recommend downloading offline installer if installing on multiple servers.
- Once Complete, PuTTy to XOA VM (IP Address from prior install)
- login with username/password: xoa
- set new password for console
- register xoa from username and password that you used on their website https://xen-orchestra.com/
sudo xoa-updater --register
- now run the updater to check for any upgrades
sudo xoa-updater –upgrade
- reboot if any upgrades were performed
- Open Browser, Login to XOA
- login username
- login username
- Add your XenServers – If you only have 1 pool, you only need to add your pool master
- Remember: if you are using default self-signed certificates on XenServer enable “unauthorized certificates” and then click disconnected
I hope you enjoyed this walkthrough of how to install Xen Orchestra and if you have any feedback let me know below. In closing, I really like this product and think it is a great addition to the XenServer and a much-needed improvement over what Citrix offers.
I live stream on Chris Titus Tech YouTube Channel every Friday at 10 AM CST and archive clips to Titus Tech Talk. I also regularly publish to christitus.com, but if you’d like to contact me directly or want to contribute to help keep these articles and videos being made consider joining the CTT members.
Two Memberships exist:
- ChrisTitus.com Members Section (CC Only)
- Full Archive of All Unlisted Live Streams
- Direct Members Only Email
- Monthly Members Only Video
- Starting at $2 Per Month (100% of Proceeds goes to Chris Titus Tech)
- YouTube Chris Titus Tech Membership (All Payments Accepted)
- YouTube Emojis for Comments and Live Chat
- YouTube Badges that changes based on membership time for comments and chat.
- All YouTube comments are highlighted when I review comments daily.
- Immediate Access to Full Live Streams
- $4.99 Per Month (70% of the Proceeds goes to Chris Titus Tech)