This article goes over installing Linux for the first time. I will break it down into 3 parts with a Video Walkthrough. Using this will make it very easy for you to install Linux for the first time.
Choosing the right version or flavor of Linux
Latest Ubuntu Desktop LTS – https://www.ubuntu.com/download
RUFUS USB Creator for Windows – https://rufus.ie/en_IE.html
- Download ISO for ubuntu
- Create a USB Thumb drive
- Installing Software
- Using GUI / Gnome / Search
Here is an entire Video playlist that you can choose from depending on where you are in the installation process. This is geared for new Linux users.
In conclusion, this will get you started with Linux. It is a steep learning curve starting out, but well worth it in the end. After you install Linux for the first time, you will need some time to adjust. I personally did this for my Mother-In-Law and she loves it. She never has to worry about viruses or her computer crashing, which was happening often in Windows, and it was the perfect solution for her.
I live stream on Chris Titus Tech YouTube Channel every Friday at 10 AM CST and archive clips to Titus Tech Talk. I also regularly publish to christitus.com, but if you’d like to contact me directly or want to contribute to help keep these articles and videos being made consider joining the CTT members.
Two Memberships exist:
- ChrisTitus.com Members Section (CC Only)
- Full Archive of All Unlisted Live Streams
- Direct Members Only Email
- Monthly Members Only Video
- Starting at $2 Per Month (100% of Proceeds goes to Chris Titus Tech)
- YouTube Chris Titus Tech Membership (All Payments Accepted)
- YouTube Emojis for Comments and Live Chat
- YouTube Badges that changes based on membership time for comments and chat.
- All YouTube comments are highlighted when I review comments daily.
- Immediate Access to Full Live Streams
- $4.99 Per Month (70% of the Proceeds goes to Chris Titus Tech)