I find a very annoying feature of Windows 7 is every device you install by default searches windows update. This makes installing devices a lot longer than it needs to be. Follow these steps to make windows search your computer first and then Windows Update if needed.
Right Click My Computer from Start Menu and select “Properties”
Click “Advanced System Settings”
Select Hardware Tab, and click “Device Installation Settings”
Highlight “No, Let me choose what to do”
4a. Also, “Install driver software from Windows Update if it is not found on my computer”
Save Changes and you are done. You now install devices at lightning speed!
I live stream on Chris Titus Tech YouTube Channel every Friday at 10 AM CST and archive clips to Titus Tech Talk. I also regularly publish to christitus.com, but if you’d like to contact me directly or want to contribute to help keep these articles and videos being made consider joining the CTT members.
Two Memberships exist:
- ChrisTitus.com Members Section (CC Only)
- Full Archive of All Unlisted Live Streams
- Direct Members Only Email
- Monthly Members Only Video
- Starting at $2 Per Month (100% of Proceeds goes to Chris Titus Tech)
- YouTube Chris Titus Tech Membership (All Payments Accepted)
- YouTube Emojis for Comments and Live Chat
- YouTube Badges that changes based on membership time for comments and chat.
- All YouTube comments are highlighted when I review comments daily.
- Immediate Access to Full Live Streams
- $4.99 Per Month (70% of the Proceeds goes to Chris Titus Tech)