Here are instructions on how to Update to the latest version of GIMP. This is vital to make sure you get the newest and best features for GIMP. The old versions of gimp that come bundled with Ubuntu 18 and prior aren’t nearly as good as Gimp 2.10+.
Start by launching terminal and adding the GIMP repository
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:otto-kesselgulasch/gimp
Verify the apt updates and if it doesn’t run the following command
sudo apt-get update
Now simply install GIMP and it will automatically update to the latest version of GIMP from now on
sudo apt-get install gimp
I live stream on Chris Titus Tech YouTube Channel every Friday at 10 AM CST and archive clips to Titus Tech Talk. I also regularly publish to christitus.com, but if you’d like to contact me directly or want to contribute to help keep these articles and videos being made consider joining the CTT members.
Two Memberships exist:
- ChrisTitus.com Members Section (CC Only)
- Full Archive of All Unlisted Live Streams
- Direct Members Only Email
- Monthly Members Only Video
- Starting at $2 Per Month (100% of Proceeds goes to Chris Titus Tech)
- YouTube Chris Titus Tech Membership (All Payments Accepted)
- YouTube Emojis for Comments and Live Chat
- YouTube Badges that changes based on membership time for comments and chat.
- All YouTube comments are highlighted when I review comments daily.
- Immediate Access to Full Live Streams
- $4.99 Per Month (70% of the Proceeds goes to Chris Titus Tech)