This article teaches you how to prevent autodiscover from happening on Exchange Server. This is important on an Office 365 migration when you still need to keep your local exchange server from resolving.
First change your local DNS
autodiscover.yourdomain.com cname autodiscover.office365.com
(Option 1)Next, you need to disable SCP site-wide. I did this performing a GPO Registry edit.
Notex.0 in the above registry path corresponds to the Outlook version (16.0 = Outlook 2016, 15.0 = Outlook 2013, 14.0 = Outlook 2010, 12.0 = Outlook 2007).
ExcludeScpLookup DWORD 1
(Option 2)Now you can also do this with a Reg file. Name it SCPDisable.reg
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Outlook\AutoDiscover] "ExcludeScpLookup"=dword:00000001`
The above is Office 2010, Notice the 14.0, and make sure you change it to the version you have.
Now simply create a new profile and your domain should now point to Office 365 by default.
I live stream on Chris Titus Tech YouTube Channel every Friday at 10 AM CST and archive clips to Titus Tech Talk. I also regularly publish to christitus.com, but if you’d like to contact me directly or want to contribute to help keep these articles and videos being made consider joining the CTT members.
Two Memberships exist:
- ChrisTitus.com Members Section (CC Only)
- Full Archive of All Unlisted Live Streams
- Direct Members Only Email
- Monthly Members Only Video
- Starting at $2 Per Month (100% of Proceeds goes to Chris Titus Tech)
- YouTube Chris Titus Tech Membership (All Payments Accepted)
- YouTube Emojis for Comments and Live Chat
- YouTube Badges that changes based on membership time for comments and chat.
- All YouTube comments are highlighted when I review comments daily.
- Immediate Access to Full Live Streams
- $4.99 Per Month (70% of the Proceeds goes to Chris Titus Tech)