The commands below will show you how to take ownership of an entire drive. Here is a simple script to accomplish just that.
Option 1: Create a cmd file takeowner.cmd in notepad
Option 2: Type the following or past this in a command line prompt one line at a time
takeown /f %1 /r /d y icacls %1 /grant administrators:F /t
Please Note: This will take a large amount of time on big drives
In closing, this will work in almost any situation, however, if you do have issues check out my PowerShell post on taking ownership of entire network drives.
[File Permissions in PowerShell]
I live stream on Chris Titus Tech YouTube Channel every Friday at 10 AM CST and archive clips to Titus Tech Talk. I also regularly publish to christitus.com, but if you’d like to contact me directly or want to contribute to help keep these articles and videos being made consider joining the CTT members.
Two Memberships exist:
- ChrisTitus.com Members Section (CC Only)
- Full Archive of All Unlisted Live Streams
- Direct Members Only Email
- Monthly Members Only Video
- Starting at $2 Per Month (100% of Proceeds goes to Chris Titus Tech)
- [YouTube Chris Titus Tech Membership] (All Payments Accepted)
- YouTube Emojis for Comments and Live Chat
- YouTube Badges that changes based on membership time for comments and chat.
- All YouTube comments are highlighted when I review comments daily.
- Immediate Access to Full Live Streams
- $4.99 Per Month (70% of the Proceeds goes to Chris Titus Tech)