When re-attaching a SR on a fresh VM, I ran into this XenServer tapdisk error. I ran the following from XenServer console to eject all CD drives on that host. I was then able to start the VM with the old image.
xe vm-cd-eject --multiple
If your XenCenter hangs or becomes unresponsive, you can also reset the toolstack from console from a PuTTy session or if XenCenter console is working running the following command:
It’s important to note what caused the XenServer tapdisk error. I experienced this on an old version of XenServer 6 when switching out the ISOs from the VMs.
I live stream on Chris Titus Tech YouTube Channel every Friday at 10 AM CST and archive clips to Titus Tech Talk. I also regularly publish to christitus.com, but if you’d like to contact me directly or want to contribute to help keep these articles and videos being made consider joining the CTT members.
Two Memberships exist:
- ChrisTitus.com Members Section (CC Only)
- Full Archive of All Unlisted Live Streams
- Direct Members Only Email
- Monthly Members Only Video
- Starting at $2 Per Month (100% of Proceeds goes to Chris Titus Tech)
- YouTube Chris Titus Tech Membership (All Payments Accepted)
- YouTube Emojis for Comments and Live Chat
- YouTube Badges that changes based on membership time for comments and chat.
- All YouTube comments are highlighted when I review comments daily.
- Immediate Access to Full Live Streams
- $4.99 Per Month (70% of the Proceeds goes to Chris Titus Tech)