These steps will show you how to connect to the encore bandit devices. I recently configured both a bandit II and a bandit III device for using a VPN over satellite. The devices are configured through a 9-pin serial port they call the “Supervisory Port”. I use a basic serial to USB adapter and putty to connect. All the white papers for this device are good, but the setup and login are not as clear as you would think, that said, below are the following steps I used to connect.
Here is all of encore’s documentation for their devices: http://www.encorenetworks.com/document_catalog.htm
Steps for connection
- Hook Serial Adapter to your PC Please Note the COM port
- Run Putty and select Serial for Connection
- Type default username and password (encore!1) for both
- Configure Device according to Quick Setup
I live stream on Chris Titus Tech YouTube Channel every Friday at 10 AM CST and archive clips to Titus Tech Talk. I also regularly publish to christitus.com, but if you’d like to contact me directly or want to contribute to help keep these articles and videos being made consider joining the CTT members.
Two Memberships exist:
- ChrisTitus.com Members Section (CC Only)
- Full Archive of All Unlisted Live Streams
- Direct Members Only Email
- Monthly Members Only Video
- Starting at $2 Per Month (100% of Proceeds goes to Chris Titus Tech)
- YouTube Chris Titus Tech Membership (All Payments Accepted)
- YouTube Emojis for Comments and Live Chat
- YouTube Badges that changes based on membership time for comments and chat.
- All YouTube comments are highlighted when I review comments daily.
- Immediate Access to Full Live Streams
- $4.99 Per Month (70% of the Proceeds goes to Chris Titus Tech)